Sunday 1 October 2023

A Greek treat!

I had a disturbed night's sleep again and vowed to go and buy some co-codamol today to deal with the pain. I was sitting downstairs at midnight with a bag of frozen peas on my shoulder. Not really what I want to do on a Saturday night!

The pain did ease a little this morning so I foolishly changed the bedding on our bed and did some housework, meaning that once I'd finished it was aching again. It's like toothache in my arm! Sophie spent the morning tidying up and hoovering as Vikesh was coming over in the afternoon to make a red velvet cake with her and also to bring us some Greek food for lunch. He had bought gyros, a wrap stuffed with salad, chicken, tzatziki and chips!

We sat in the kitchen and ate the delicious food and became covered in sauce! There was no elegant way of eating the wraps! Once we'd finished, Keith and I went over to Tesco at Kettering and I made straight for the pharmacy and bought a box of co-codamol. I am really hoping they will help at night because however I lie in bed, it's not comfortable.

Back home, Sophie was up to her elbows in flour so we left them both to it and relaxed on the sofa. Keith was engrossed in the golf, and I have to admit to watching it as well. Of course, I was rooting for Europe to win!

Later in the afternoon I gave in to the nap and went upstairs to lie down for half an hour. All of these disturbed nights are catching up with me. We should all be raring to go after our two-week holiday but we all feel shattered! 

On Wednesday I had expressed interest in a cat that was looking for a home with the Cats' Protection League, but we found out today that she had already been reserved. She was a pretty little thing but maybe we're better off getting a male cat? I have had more affectionate male cats than females. Anyway, we're not giving up and I think we're ready for another little furry companion!

Keith was supposed to cook chicken pie this evening, but what with the Greek wrap and a slice of red velvet cake, we couldn't face a big meal, so we've postponed it until tomorrow. 

We therefore had a very relaxed evening and the new tablets seem to be working. I just want a good night's sleep!


No comments: