Saturday 30 September 2023

A quiet Saturday

Work was swiftly dealt with this morning, and it was quieter than I had been expecting, giving me a chance to get a lot of emails sorted in between calls.

Sophie drove me in and went to the gym, and Keith picked me up. At this rate, I will forget how to drive! Sophie was meeting Laura at 2pm for tea and cake at Manvell Farm Tearoom, so I had a quiet afternoon and did very little. The weather has been cloudy and dull and, frankly, quite boring, with no more storms on the horizon. Next week it's due to get warmer and sunnier again! 

Sophie returned home after meeting Laura and we decided to skip Scrabble tonight because of my blasted shoulder. We sat in the living room instead with a bottle of Ventoux red wine and watched another episode of the documentary about Picasso.

Sophie cooked beef stroganoff and did an excellent job with the meal, as she always does. We started watching series two of Only Murders in the Building after dinner, but we lost interest... it was a unanimous decision. There are so many interesting programmes on at the moment so we killed it off! 


No comments: