Tuesday 10 October 2023

More expense!

I had a very pleasant day at work and remembered Keith's words of last night, so I called into the garage on the way home and filled my tank with diesel. To fill it up (as it was nearly empty) cost me £90! I think that's the most I've ever paid to fill the tank, but that should last me a few weeks, and to be honest, I can't remember the last time I actually put any diesel in it, it's been so long! Definitely way before the holiday! 

Sophie had finally (after a bit of confusion over email addresses) completed the adoption forms and arranged to pick up the cats tomorrow. Keith and I will have to buy a bed, bowls, litter and a litter tray before we go, so I'm hoping Jones's will have everything we need. With the shock demise of Wilko's, we will have to go to the wholesaler, but I will certainly miss the discount store very much, as it was so useful for things for the garden and bird food.

My shoulder and arm have been a lot better today so it's either the painkillers working or it's getting better! Either way, I'm relieved!

Keith made a delicious curry this evening and then it was another episode of Lupin. We couldn't remember much about the first series so it's a good job we're watching it again!

No comments: