Thursday 5 October 2023

Totting up the cost!

I drove myself this morning as I was taking Mum to have her nails done straight after work and I have to admit to feeling a slight twinge as I drove. Perhaps all the driving I did has taken its toll a bit, or maybe because I was tense, I hurt the muscles in my back?

Work was fine, and at 2pm I dashed off to Kettering to collect Mum, who was waiting for me in reception. Hooray! We sped back to Northampton and I sat with Mum while she was attended to. I nearly fell asleep!
When we were finished we drove into Moulton and I picked some things up in the Co-op that she needed, as well as going to the chemist and buying some freeze spray for my shoulder. I have spent a small fortune on painkillers! I estimate I've spent around £80 on various painkillers and things to help! Added to that are the lost hours (my Thursday hours are overtime). This is something I could definitely have done without!

I called at home after the Co-op and Keith came with me to take my Mum back. We sped home again and started on the dinner, but when Sophie arrived home she said she would prepare and cook the chicken pasta bake, and I was only too happy to agree! It was delicious!

No comments: