Thursday 12 October 2023

New people!

After work today I popped home, changed, and then went to collect my Mum so I could bring her home and introduce her to Gomez and Mooney. She was waiting for me in reception and on the way back I bought some biscuits and cakes in the Co-op to have with a cup of tea.

I was wondering how the cats would react to another person, but Gomez was straight onto her lap for a cuddle. Brilliant!

Gomez on Mum's lap

As you can expect, she was delighted and so was I! Monty would hardly ever sit on our laps and would only relax if we put his blanket down for him to lie on. And then that was only when he got older. We sat and chatted for a while and the cats were loving the attention they were receiving from us. 

Keith came with me to take Mum back and then it was home to sort out the dinner and tidy up. I hoovered and the cats seemed fine with the noise, which was good. They are a bit wary of the television at the moment, but Mooney loves sitting on the windowsill in the conservatory and watching the birds. I have a feeling they are going to love being outside and hunting!

Sophie came home and had had a bad day at work so she was appreciative of the tidy house, the candles lit and the dinner all prepared. She had a drink tonight, bless her and she deserved it!

After dinner, we tried to entice the cats into the living room so they could sit with us as we watched television but they were both a bit wary. Gomez is happy to come in but Mooney is still reluctant so Gomez goes back to keep his brother company!

No comments: