Friday 20 October 2023

Scaredy cat!

I was back answering the phone today as there was only Shirley and me working. I did try and answer as many emails as I could in between calls, but it was difficult. I had a lot of long complicated queries today, so I was extremely glad when it was 4pm. Sadly, both Shirley and Jo have parents who are very ill at the moment, and with half-term next week, I fear we will be very short-staffed.

Tonight was a special wine night with a bottle of Champagne and nibbles. I had bought a tray of little blue cheeses topped with seeds in Tesco the other day, and Sophie had picked up a bag of posh crisps in Waitrose on her way home. Keith was again, an honorary member, and stayed out of the way in the kitchen. He knows his place on a Friday night!

The Aldi Champagne we drink is £15, but I think it's delicious and better than some higher-priced bottles! We sipped our drinks and watched the last part of a documentary on Dali, which was an eye-opener! Dinner was cooked by Keith and was an easy meal - chicken Kyivs and mash.

Afterwards, Keith wanted to watch the Rugby World Cup (I can't believe it's still going on) so I suggested to Sophie we take the cats upstairs with us, watch something better on television, and let them cuddle up on the bed as a treat. I really wish I hadn't...

Mooney went all silly and ran behind Sophie's bed and wouldn't come out, but Gomez jumped up on the bed with me and enjoyed some treats. He is definitely far more confident than his brother. We decided to leave Mooney to come out on his own, but every time we went near Sophie's bedroom, he ran back behind the bed again. It was very frustrating!

I went to get the broom but Sophie shouted at me. She wasn't feeling great and was tired and full of a cold, so I said we'd wait and try and tempt him out with treats. He did come out, but every time Sophie went to get him he ran back again!

By now it was about 9.30pm and we were both fed up. What I had thought would be a nice evening had turned into a pain! In the end, we both went up to her room and I gently nudged the broom behind the bed so Mooney came out. I then blocked up the sides with pillows, and Sophie caught Mooney who had run behind the curtains. What a palaver! Not really the relaxing Friday evening I'd envisaged!

No comments: