Sunday 29 October 2023

Candle-making!

It was lovely to have nothing really planned today so we could just relax. Sophie did want to go to Tesco, though, to get some things she needed for her holiday, so we drove over, bought what she wanted, and headed back home.

Our kitchen was a hive of activity in the afternoon when Sophie prepared all the vegetables for dinner, and I amused myself by trying to collect all the spent wax into one new candle, using a large Yankee Candle pot. 

Why I decided to do this I'll never know, as we had about twenty spent candles with just an inch of scented wax in the bottom! I couldn't bring myself to throw them out as we always recycle glass, so I melted the wax first in a big dish of simmering water on the hob, poured it into my metal pot and then tried (with difficulty) to remove the traces still adhering to the bottom and sides of the containers.

I was very glad to donate twelve small tumblers to Sophie for use in her office when they always need small glasses. Result! I had just enough wax to fill the Yankee Candle pot so hopefully, it will smell nice from all the different scents I used! I don't think I have a new career in candle-making waiting for me, though!


Before dinner, we indulged in another episode of James Martin in Spain, sipped a red wine from Emporda at 14.5%, and Sophie made a delicious beef stroganoff. Tomorrow she is off to Istanbul, and I will miss her!

Noctàmbul - fruity and delicious!


More kitt pics:

Mooney - he loves sitting on the window sill and watching birds

Mooney Moon bums

Mooney


No comments: