Tuesday 31 October 2023

Alone on Halloween...

Sophie's flight was at about 11am this morning and she texted me from Heathrow to give me updates. Istanbul is three hours ahead of us, which surprised me!

Work was OK today and I was able to come off the phones again and concentrate on the emails and the start of the moan report. As I was leaving, Sophie messaged me to say they'd landed and were in a taxi on their way to their hotel.

I drove home and saw mist hovering over the fields as I approached Walgrave. It was eerily spooky and perfect for Halloween! We had decided not to give out any sweets this evening as I would be on my own in the house, and we didn't want to keep opening the front door and risk the cats getting out. 

Keith was out tonight watching Sileby play so I had to make my own dinner. I honestly can't remember the last time I had to do that! He'd bought me a Tesco Finest meal but as I'd had curry for lunch we decided to have it on Thursday night instead. I cooked myself a quiche but wasn't that hungry so I left most of it!

I drew the curtains and said goodbye to Keith who set out into the dark and chilly night. We have another storm looming tomorrow and Thursday - Storm CiarĂ¡n - which should affect the southern parts of the country the most.

Sophie sent me some great photos and had settled into the hotel and had dinner nearby. We chatted and I watched an episode of DNA Family Secrets, which was so interesting. It's making me want to get my DNA tested as well and I might try and persuade Keith as his mother was adopted. 

He arrived back chilled to the bone, but very glad that Sileby won 6-0! Hooray!

No comments: