Monday 9 October 2023

Back to work

After our busy, but very enjoyable weekend, it was back to work today, and I was exclusively managing the customer service emails as Sara is on holiday all week. 

As I was so busy, the time flew by, and before going home I had a chat with Jo and Kathy for ten minutes. It's always good to have a catch-up after work and sometimes a good moan! 

At home, Sophie said she'd been in touch with the Cat's Protection League office and was trying to arrange for us to pick the cats up on Wednesday when I have a day off. To be honest, I wasn't expecting this to be so soon, and we've had to postpone going to Southampton to see Mike and Abbie again on Sunday as there's no way we can leave them all day on their own. I am very glad we've decided to have two brothers as they can keep each other company, and it'll be just like having Archie and Monty again!

We watched the news with real horror tonight after the happenings in Israel at the weekend. What a start to the decade this is turning out to be. Keith warned me to fill up my car with diesel tomorrow, as he predicts that petrol and diesel prices will rise because of the war.

Tonight was an easy dinner of chicken Kyivk and afterwards,  we started watching Lupin again, right from the start. Series 3 is now available on Netflix, but we had forgotten what happened, so it's right bak to the start!

No comments: