Monday 2 October 2023

Pain, pain, go away!

This horrible pain has not gone away with a day's rest yesterday, and my arm hurt all day at work. I was pretty fed up at the end of my shift, especially because the painkillers hadn't worked.

The weather was cloudy and dull when Keith picked me up and it started to rain heavily in the evening. Sophie and I sat and watched James Martin's Spanish Adventure which was perfection because:

1)    We had a fantastic storm raging outside

2)    I was enjoying a whisky and ginger ale

3)    The programme was about food

4)     The programme was about travel

5)    Someone else was cooking dinner

At times, we paused the programme so we could watch the lightning outside and listen to the thunder boom all around us. Every now and again the rain became torrential, and we opened the windows so we could listen to it.

Keith cooked chicken pie for dinner tonight using a sauce from a jar, but I wished he'd made his own gravy like he normally does. There wasn't a great deal of taste! 

No comments: