Monday 16 October 2023

First frost

We had the first frost this morning and when I drove into work, all the fields surrounding the village were white. Brrr! Maybe we're in for a harsh winter!

Unfortunately, I wasn't in the best of moods today, and when I found out that Kathy was off and hadn't been replaced (meaning I was answering phones) I became more annoyed. If anyone is off now on annual leave, there is no cover, which is ridiculous and means we're working with a skeleton staff. Heaven knows what will happen if anyone is off sick!

So, I was miffed about answering phones and told Sara I couldn't do anything extra today, which was a bit petty of me, but I did put some more films onto the system! I was glad to get out at 4pm and head home!

We made the decision to close up the conservatory this evening and put the heating on. The cats were a bit bemused, and one of them (Gomez, I think) ran into the closed door with a bang, which made me feel awful. However, they soon realised it was warmer in the living room and were more than happy to cuddle up with us on the sofa! It means we have to have the cat litter tray in the kitchen but there's a little spot for it in front of the conservatory doors. I will be so happy when they can go outdoors!

Dinner tonight was a turkey chilli for a change. It was just as delicious as beef but not as much fat!


No comments: