Sunday 4 June 2023

Second thoughts...

It was lovely to have a relaxed start to Sunday morning, and Sophie did a lot of preparation for this evening's meal of Malaysian coconut curry. The smells were intoxicating!

At midday, she dove over to Wellingborough to play table tennis at Vikesh's local leisure centre, followed by a Greek lunch. Keith went to the hospital for a routine ECG, but I couldn't go with him as I was taking my Mum to a nail appointment at 3pm. I spent a pleasant hour at home and then left to collect Mum at 2.30pm. The weather has been beautiful today with plenty of sunshine and blue skies.

I picked up Mum and we drove over to Northampton. I had never been to Natalia's house at the weekend and I wondered whether I'd have difficulty parking. Thankfully, there was a space outside her house and we could hear loud music blaring, which was surprising. The windows were open and the music was coming from her house! 

We rang the bell twice before she answered, and I was beginning to think I'd brought Mum on the wrong day! When she opened the gate she looked at us as if we'd dropped out of a dog's bottom (as usual) and we both went into her little studio.

Today, I seriously thought about finding somewhere else to go for Mum's nails. She's been going for years and Natalia never asks how she is or asks after my Dad who used to bring Mum and sit with her, as I do now. The neighbourhood is a hellhole, and today one of her dogs came running into the studio and nearly knocked everything over! I think maybe it's time to find somewhere professional!

Mum's nails do look beautiful when Natalia is finished but I was a bit fed up today with the noise and her blunt attitude. I took Mum back and headed home, closely followed by Sophie who'd had a great afternoon.

We played cards instead of Scrabble this evening as Sophie didn't want to be distracted! The meal was delicious! 


No comments: