Tuesday 13 June 2023

A challenging day!

I had a somewhat trying day at work today and I seemed to be the only one answering calls which is usual for a Tuesday... both Jo and Angela made many, many outbound calls, leaving me to pick up the incoming ones, some of which were quite difficult. 

Halfway through the morning, I noticed a missed call so when I took my break I went to find out who it was. It was the finance department at the council trying to get hold of me but when I called the number the woman gave me, it went dead! It was a call I was dreading so I asked Sara if I could take ten minutes of time that was owed to me and try and sort it out. After ten minutes of being passed from pillar to post at the council, I gave up. The woman would just have to call me back.

It put me in an even worse mood, and Jo drove me mad with a call from a family who wanted to re-book a swimming session despite not being members. The kerfuffle and shouting arising from it was unbelievable! I have no idea why we have this unfair policy of not being able to book people in for alternative times if they can't make it (in this case a child was sick), if we can prove they have already paid! It just creates huge ill-feeling!

I finished at 4pm with a huge sigh of relief and sped home. The house felt warm and there's been no hint of rain today at all, just blue skies and sunshine. I emailed the care home manager to see if she had the correct contact number for the council finance woman and then tried to relax. I was so looking forward to a day off tomorrow! Keith and I are taking Sophie to the station at 9am as she's travelling to London to visit Brixton prison. Hmmm! I tried not to think about it!

After dinner this evening Sophie and I walked up to the post box, although I was waylaid by Lynn and Daphne again. Daphne was in an energetic mood and was running about like a mad thing! She's so sweet!

Daphne Dog


No comments: