Friday 2 June 2023

A tricky Friday!

I had a feeling today was going to be tricky early on, and I was proved right! Sara asked me to answer the customer service emails again and we had a couple that were difficult to deal with. One was very overdue, and I had a conversation with our Area Manager about it, finally putting something together to appease the customer! I'm not sure we have succeeded but as he's a serial complainer, we were adamant that we weren't going to offer anything again!

I was late leaving as I had to hurriedly do an order, and when I arrived home, Mike texted me to say that he and Abbie had left Southampton and were on their way back to Northampton. Tomorrow, we're taking them to Luton Airport for their flight to Bulgaria, and because of the early start, they're staying with us overnight.

Sophie and I settled down to watch a documentary on Anna Nicole Smith, and at 7pm Keith drove to Walgrave to pick up fish and chips for us all. Mike texted me to say they were ready to be picked up from Abbie's house, so Sophie and I left to get them, just as Keith arrived home armed with five portions of fishy delights!

The sun has finally shown its face and it was a gorgeous evening. There was a funfair at Abington Park so the whole area was full of parked cars, making it difficult for me to park outside of Abbie's Dad's house. We picked them up, they filled the boot with their luggage, and we set off home.

Unfortunately, the fish and chips were a bit soggy from being kept warm in the oven, but we all sat and chatted, and Mike had one of the beers from France, La Chouffe. I opened a bottle of wine that Sophie, Abbie and I drank with our meal.

We were delighted to see the arrival of one of our hedgehogs while we were eating but we hadn't put any food out yet! I went out and he scuttled off into the bushes while I filled the container, but he soon appeared again and stuffed his face!

It was an early night for Keith and I as we had to be up at 3am, but the young ones (Mike and Abbie) went to the pub!


No comments: