Saturday 3 June 2023

An early start

It wasn't pleasant waking up at 3am this morning, especially as we weren't the ones going on holiday! We left at 3.30am, surprised to see that it was getting light! On the way, we saw a little Muntjac deer in the hedgerow, and I slowed down in case it ran across the road.

The journey to Luton was fine but the M1 was busy with lorries. We made it for 4.30am and drove into the hectic drop-off zone which cost us £5 for up to ten minutes! We were amazed at how busy it was!

The M1 going home was a lot quieter for some reason, and we arrived back at 5.30am. It felt a lot later! I went back to bed until 7.30am when my alarm woke me so I could get ready for work. Not brilliant planning today!

As Sophie was going to the gym for her Yoga classes, she gave me a lift, which was a good thing as the car parks were full! I was working with Sue today and she fed me cheese and biscuits halfway through the shift. That was the reason I didn't take any lunch!

The phones were quite busy and I was flagging by the end as I was very tired. Sophie picked me up and we went home to have a delicious pasta salad that she'd made for lunch. I have to confess to having a nap in the afternoon, and at about 6pm we played Scrabble with a drink. Sophie beat me by about 100 points and Keith put the finishing touches to the chilli con carne he'd made.

Mike texted me to say they'd arrived and it looked like they were having a great time. He sent me a photo of the fish he'd had for dinner, but said they weren't that good! He's determined to try new foods in the new country!

Mike's fishy dinner!

We watched the end of the Anna Nicole Smith documentary (a sad story, to be honest) and then it was time for bed at just past 9pm. It was still light outside but all of us were shattered!

No comments: