Sunday 25 June 2023

Feeling the heat!

Today has been very hot, and I called my Mum to postpone our meeting this afternoon. I just wanted to lie low and try and keep cool! I used up three black bananas and made a lovely porridge, adding desiccated coconut and walnuts to give it some zing!

Sophie and I debated changing our meal choice this evening but in the end, we went ahead and prepared the Chicken Katsu curry.  Sophie prepared the spices and I ground down some Star Anise before flattening the chicken breasts and coating them with Panko breadcrumbs. When Sophie took out the ginger from the fridge, she noticed it was mouldy, so Keith and I popped to the Brixworth Co-op to get more. The shops were empty! Keith also bought some lager to enjoy at lunchtime - well, you just have to when it's hot! 

Once all the preparations were complete, we sat and chatted in the kitchen and sipped a cold lager. We also did the list of dinners for the next few days so that was one chore out of the way!

It was really too hot to do anything so the afternoon was spent relaxing. We did manage a game of Scrabble in the evening and I won for a change! Sophie cooked the curry and it was hot and spicy. It was delicious served with Jasmine rice!


No comments: