Wednesday 28 June 2023

Robin talk

The weather today has been disappointing. We've had heavy grey clouds hanging about all day and it's been uncomfortably humid. I pootled about first thing, Keith made me eggs on toast for breakfast, and then I decided to venture out into the garden. 

Keith cleaned the barbecue and put it away, and I just wandered about, not really feeling the urge to do anything, to be honest. Everything was so dry and scruffy! I pruned our rose bush (the one I moved from the gravel garden) as it was looking straggly and unhealthy, and half-heartedly did some tidying up but I really wasn't in the mood!

The robin appeared so I put down some bird seed for him and he pecked at it, one eye on me constantly. I talked away to him and he kept putting his head on one side as if he was listening to me! I was very pleased to see so many butterflies, birds and bees in the garden, so although it's a bit scruffy, the wildlife obviously think we're doing something right!

I hadn't the energy to tackle the gravel garden today, so I went inside and tried to finish transcribing my 1985 diary. I wish I still looked like this:

Me, aged 17!

I am really hoping to get the diary finished by the end of this week. When I went to see my parents this afternoon I took all the photos with me so we could look at them and reminisce. It seems incredible that the photos were taken 38 years ago! Where have the years gone! I think I loved the 80s the most, to be honest!

I stayed with Mum and Dad for an hour and it was a bit stuffy and warm in their room. I briefly went into the lovely lounge at the end of the corridor to watch the building works going on, and I asked Mum why they didn't sit in there more often? It was lovely and airy and cool.

Back home I hoovered downstairs and made the porridges for the morning, while Keith started the shopping list... groan! Trying to think up meals to have is so bloomin' difficult! We decided to leave the meal plan until Sophie came home, and then she moaned at me for not taking it seriously!

No comments: