Monday 12 June 2023

An almighty clap!

It was another hot day today and by the afternoon, the storm clouds had gathered overhead. We'd had a warning out for thunderstorms and the forecast was definitely right today!

It wasn't raining when I left at 4pm, but the heavens opened on the way home, making the new stretch of dual carriageway awash with water. I could hear thunder rumbling all around me, and it started in earnest when I arrived home, with torrential rain, lightning flashes and the odd boom of thunder. However, as Keith and I were sitting chatting in the kitchen, we heard the loudest clap of thunder we'd ever heard, and that includes the almighty Florida storms we witnessed! Keith actually ducked it was so loud and it brought me out in goosebumps! The awesome power of Nature! We heard more booms as the afternoon wore on but nothing as loud as the one earlier! It must have been right over our heads!

It was all over by the time Sophie returned from work and the air was fresher and cooler, thank goodness. The gardens have certainly benefitted!

No comments: