Thursday 8 June 2023

Getting things done!

My shift passed very quickly today and I dealt with all the customer service emails and made a start on the "Moan report".

At 2pm I popped into Aldi on my way home to buy nibbles for Friday night, when Michelle and Sue are coming around. I filled up the trolley with salads, nibbly bits, pizza, cheese and biscuits and was amazed it came to just £27!

Back home I cleaned the conservatory inside and made sure the kitchen cupboards were looking lovely and clean. I even ventured outside and cleaned some more conservatory windows!

Sophie came home looking warm and dishevelled after her day working in the allotment, but was very scathing about her colleagues, some of whom preferred to sit and drink tea rather than do any weeding! She had worked hard for the three hours they were there, but some of the staff treated it like it was a day out!

She flew upstairs to get ready as she was going out with Vikesh for a meal. I took a drink and sat upstairs in her bedroom with her while she was getting ready and we chatted. The weather has been beautiful today and the grey skies and chilly wind are a distant memory. The view from Sophie's bedroom window was gorgeous with the rolling fields and trees in full leaf.

Keith and I had a very simple dinner tonight and watched two episodes of Doc Martin back to back... he is more into it than I am! After we'd eaten I had a soak in the bath and then waited up for Sophie to come home. She arrived at about 10.30pm and had enjoyed her meal at the Chinese in Billing, although she said it was a bit salty!

No comments: