Thursday 29 June 2023

A mad cleaning binge!

I am so busy at work at the moment... Sheila is now off until next week so it's my job to do the daily cash-ups. Sara is off next week so I will be doing the customer service emails and the moan report. The summer school holidays are now about three weeks away, so all the swimming crash courses need to be input as well as the numerous holiday activities that we offer. It doesn't sound a lot but we offer about seven crash courses at four of our pools, and holiday activities at three of our centres.

Then, of course, there's another load of films to put on, as well as taking care of any Amazon orders that come in... phew! Oh, and did I mention I take calls as well?! 

I did as much as I could before the phone lines opened at 10am, and there was just Shirley and me taking calls in the office. Denise was helping out from home. When I left at 2pm I sped over to Brixworth library to send a pair of shoes back to Marisota that Mum didn't want, and then it was time to go home.

A mad cleaning binge seized me at home, and I took down our living room curtains that badly needed a wash. I put one half in the washing machine, and then removed the sofa cushions, hoovered underneath and cleaned down all the walls which were draped with dust and spiders' webs! I gave the living room a really good clean while Keith sorted out all the CDs in my car as he was looking for an old Dire Straits album. All this frenzy of activity must have been a reaction to the sloth of yesterday! I was amazed at the hidden dust and webs so I felt a lot better when it was all dusted and cleaned!

It made me think, though... I could clean this house all day, every day and it would still need more! We're certainly not a dirty family and we clean regularly but there's never an end to chores! The grass in the back garden needs cutting, the cars need washing and there are meals to be made every day and lists to be compiled! Bring on the holidays!

No comments: