Friday 23 June 2023

Friday again!

I rounded the corner on my way out of the estate this morning to find a woman riding a horse in the middle of the road! I glared at her and wish now I'd wound the window down to ask her why she thought it was a good idea to visit at such an early hour?

I was working with Shirley today and was all alone until she came in at about 9.45am. It was blissfully quiet and I managed to get a lot done before the phone lines opened! Shirley was a good partner today, thank goodness, and had to tackle an angry phone call from a woman regarding a membership. She handled it very well, bless her! I didn't have that feeling of "Ahhh!" when I left this afternoon, as I'm back tomorrow and working with Tracie!

Keith went to the pub this evening, and Sophie and I sipped a mediocre Pinot Noir from Alsace as we were having meatballs and pasta for dinner. I actually chilled the wine for a little while, which is perfectly acceptable with lighter reds such as Pinot Noir and Gamay grapes!

We watched a little of Glastonbury after dinner and I said to Sophie this is how I like to watch it - from the comfort of my own sofa, with my own bed and a clean loo! I dread to think what it's like being there in this heat, but preferable to torrential rain, I suppose!

No comments: