Saturday 24 June 2023

A busy shift!

Keith dropped me off at work today and I was very glad he did as the car park was full. I was working with Tracie today and unfortunately, our wallboard wasn't working so we had no idea of how many calls were coming in. It was non-stop for an hour, so that was a shock! Maybe Sue is right about Saturdays, and I know this shift was far busier than others I've worked in the past!

Although the phones were busy, I did manage to clear the customer service emails and tackle the box office returns, so I was kept busy! At 2pm, Keith came to pick me up and we went home to relax. Sophie had gone to London with Vikesh, and his brother and sister-in-law, and they were having a foodie day visiting Borough Market and trying lots of food.

It's been another hot day today, but with a fair amount of cloud, so it's been humid and uncomfortable. I didn't do a great deal in the afternoon and we decided to order a Chinese takeaway from Broughton, but they weren't delivering this evening... Sophie had texted me to say she was on her way home and wanted something to eat as well, so we ordered from Brixworth instead, and the food was delivered as she arrived home, a lot earlier than we'd anticipated!

We put the food in the oven to keep warm, I poured my daughter a glass of wine and we sat and chatted before eating. She'd had a lovely day but was tired and hot. Tomorrow is set to be even warmer with temperatures of about 29c forecast! Phew!


No comments: