Saturday 17 June 2023

A lovely day!

Sophie went to the gym this morning while I tackled a load of bedding laundry and pootled about doing jobs. She caught me out by coming home early as she'd decided not to take part in her second yoga class!

We decided to pop into Tesco before lunch as both of us needed to buy gifts for Father's Day. Predictably, the supermarket was crammed with people shopping, so we dashed about as quickly as we could and left. We bought our presents, and also a delicious lunch of turkey and two different salads to enjoy back at home with a sneaky glass of wine!

It was a lovely feeling that we didn't have to go out again, and we had a relaxed afternoon pootling about. Sophie packed for her trip to London tomorrow, and I scanned some photos from 1985 onto the computer, ready to include in my blog account of our holiday in Spain. I also dried and folded all the washing, and tried to keep cool as it was warm again.

Dinner this evening was a barbecue and before we ate, Sophie and I sat in the living room and watched Married at First Sight Australia, which we're now addicted to! Neither of us felt like playing Scrabble as it was warm and we just fancied being entertained for a change! We drank a very good bottle of Sparkling Vouvray which I bought in France. I wish it was more readily available in the UK!

Keith sorted out the barbecue - gammon steaks for him and me, and a burger for Sophie. It was marred by Sophie discovering her burger bun had spots of mould on it, which put her off completely! It also put me off as well! Anything like that is horrible and the buns had only been bought on Thursday! Perhaps it was the heat and humidity!

At about 9pm, Sophie and I decided to sit out in the garden and watch for our hedgehog, but although we heard a rustling in the bushes, he didn't appear. Keith came to sit with us and we watched the bats wheel about in the dusky sky.

Before bed, we watched one more episode of Married At First Sight Australia while Keith caught up with the golf coming from California. The weather didn't look brilliant and it was cloudy!

Sophie wearing Keith's ugly new "Crocs"!


No comments: