Thursday 22 June 2023

Feeling hot!

I was up at 6am this morning, and at 6.30am Sophie and I were on our way to the station in Northampton. Sophie was catching an early train and I dropped her off, then returned home to grab a quick cup of coffee before work.

My time at work flew by today, and I answered all the customer service emails for Sara and put some new films onto the system for the school holidays... which will be here before we know it!

At 2pm I went home, ate some leftover cold pizza (not nice), and Keith and I went to the care home and picked up the shoes that Mum didn't want. It was very warm again and it looks as if it's going to get hotter at the weekend. Sophie is going to London on Saturday and I don't envy her one bit!

Back home we pottered about and tried to keep cool. With all the doors and windows open we do get a lovely breeze blowing through, which helps! I have to say, though, that I'm fed up with feeling hot and sweaty all the time! 

Sophie texted me to say she was getting a train home at 4pm, which meant she'd be back at 5pm. Keith and I went down to get her and encountered torrential rain as we reached Northampton. The roads leading to the station were flooded!

Driving back, we saw towering storm clouds but the rain never reached us at home and everything was still as dry as a bone! I really wanted to have some rain to water the garden but it wasn't to be!

No comments: