Monday 19 June 2023

Feeling weary!

I did not have a blissful night's sleep... I woke up at 12.30am to go to the loo and saw that the alarm clock was flashing again! We'd had yet another power cut!

I set it and went back to bed making sure the volume on my phone was set high so I wouldn't sleep through that one as well! When I got up, Keith was already in the kitchen, and we cobbled together some kind of shopping list for meals on Monday and Tuesday nights. It's becoming harder and harder to think up dishes that we will all enjoy and that work with the warm weather!

Work was tedious today; Sara didn't say a word to me until later in the morning so I wondered if I'd upset her? I definitely think it's time to look for something new as I am so unhappy there at the moment and answering the calls is getting me down. I have never known people to be so thoughtless, calling us while they're driving - why? - or having a huge amount of background noise going on, making it almost impossible to hear them. Some of the calls are difficult to understand, and it would be lovely to have a job where I didn't have to deal with people on the phone!

Sophie texted me to say she was on her way back, and when I arrived home, we had a great catch-up sitting at the kitchen island. She had been looking forward so much to her weekend but it didn't really live up to her expectations, so that was a shame. I think the heat had got to them both, and she sent me a photo of the drinks menu at the O2 - they were charging £15 for a 250ml glass of wine! 

Dinner this evening was very simple - breaded chicken with crispy potatoes and the remainder of Keith's salad from last night. After eating it was another episode of our favourite show!

No comments: