Tuesday 31 May 2022

Treat night!

For the first two hours this morning, I did the new job that Sheila trained me on last Thursday. Seeing as I'd only made notes once, and hadn't even done any work myself, I think I did pretty well, but Sheila came over, just as I finished a particularly frustrating call, to let me know I had done some things wrong... I could have burst into tears, to be honest! She isn't always the best at explaining things, and the process of the daily cash-ups is quite complicated as everything has to be saved to different folders because of any future audit inspections.

It just brought it home to me that this new job is above my pay grade, and I get the feeling I'm being taken for granted a bit. Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but I now do a lot more than the others in the office and have taken over responsibility for the cinema almost entirely, a job that Stella used to do on her own. And all this while handling sometimes long-winded and difficult phone calls!

It seemed today that every other phone call was from someone for which English was not their first language. It is very difficult trying to understand and be understood, and it can be frustrating, especially with the volume of calls we're getting this week.

Jo and I walked out together and we had a chat about how difficult work is at the moment. I am looking for something else, but do I really want all the upheaval? It was lovely to head home and look forward to two days off. I am back in on Friday but working shorter hours, thank goodness, and will be finished at 2pm.

Keith, Sophie and I headed out in the evening to The Hare in Loddington for a drink before a meal at India 2 Mawsley. The pub was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday evening with a large group arriving to eat. Sophie and I perched on a bench seat while Keith stood, as there was nowhere else to sit. All the tables were reserved for food, with a trio of men dominating the bar area, and the lack of seats for people just having a drink is one of the reasons we don't visit very often.

We arrived early for our booking at Mawsley and thought we would be the only ones eating in but we were very wrong! The place was nearly full! We enjoyed poppadoms to start followed by curries and delicious rice. It was lovely to chat and enjoy the food, which was well-cooked and plentiful. We had no room for desserts so it was off home to relax for a while before bed!


No comments: