Friday 13 May 2022

Catching up with friends.

The phones today have been busy, in that drip, drip way that's so annoying. In between calls, I managed to get the rest of the holiday playscheme places on and noticed that some of the earlier days in August have already had children enrolled on them. We have some very organised parents!

This evening Sophie and I had been invited, along with our friend and ex-neighbour, Sue, to Michelle's for dinner. Unfortunately, Sue has tested positive for covid so she wasn't able to come along, so it was just the three of us.

Before we went, Sophie and I had a sneaky wine hour with a glass of Pinot Gris and the rest of 90 Day Fiance... bliss! Keith didn't go to the pub this evening and cooked himself fish and chips. He should have taken advantage of the van, but Sophie and I would have been very jealous!

We walked up at 7.15pm and were given a glass of fizz to start proceedings. I said hello to Hector and Lily who didn't seem as wary of me this evening!

Lily

Michelle had cooked a vegetarian lasagne with salad and garlic bread. It was lovely to be out for dinner and catching up with her as we haven't met up since last year.


The cats kept us company all evening and Lily loved having a cuddle. Hector wasn't so sure!

Can I join you?


We had a brilliant evening chatting and laughing, and Richard joined us later after we'd had a delicious Tiramisu. He showed us photos of their trip to Iceland some years ago, and the fantastic Northern Lights they'd seen.

It was 12.30pm when we left - I hadn't realised it was so late!

No comments: