Wednesday 25 May 2022

A little trip out...

I'd planned on mowing the grass today but we had showers first thing, and grey skies. It was not very nice at all! We showered and dressed, and after a lazyish morning, Keith and I went over to Wellingborough to visit my work colleague's pub, The Little Ale House.

It's a tiny pub but won Best Town Pub of the Year for 2022, and Tracie was there with her partner Alan. There were a few other people drinking, and a couple of electricians were in and out doing work in the garden in preparation for the Jubilee next week, so not a lot of space! I must confess that I can't remember the names of the beers we sampled but they were very good!

Not my photo but this is Tracie who I sometimes work with!

We had a great chat with Tracie and Alan and had a couple of drinks - the atmosphere was lovely, and a delivery from the Pot Belly brewery came in while we were there, with the driver having a lot to say about the gastro pubs that seem to be springing up everywhere at the moment and the prices they're charging! The prices in Tracie and Alan's pub are very reasonable indeed!

The Little Real Ale House doesn't serve food so we set off for home, via Great Harrowden and Isham, and had lunch. The weather didn't improve all day at all and it was chilly and grey. Horrible!

No comments: