Thursday 26 May 2022

New tasks...

My six-hour shift passed pleasantly today and I did a lot of admin and helped Sara with the emails first thing. I then had a three-hour training session with Sheila, to learn how to do the end of day and end of week cash-ups for when she goes on holiday in June. It was a bit complicated and involved a lot of Microsoft Excel work, but I should be OK! It made me realise that I'm now doing jobs above my pay grade and I'm going to have to say something to Sara about my hourly rate. I am on the same as Tracie who only answers the phones - nothing else - so I think it's time for some discussion!

At 2pm I dashed off home, said a quick hello to Keith, and went back out again to pick up my Mum. She had some more clothes to return so we drove to Tesco and had a coffee before doing our shopping.

She bought some more tops and another pair of trousers and some chocolate to enjoy! Well, why not! I dropped her back and pootled home to relax before making dinner. Tonight we'd decided on minced beef pasta bake and Keith dry fried the meat while I chopped up an onion, some celery and a couple of peppers. 

Just as Sophie arrived home we finished the preparations, and it was into the oven for a slow cook. Easy! This gave us the opportunity to sip a glass of Pinot Noir that Keith had bought for us and watch 90 Day Fiance!

Dinner was delicious served with salad and garlic bread, and there was enough left over for another meal. Sophie and I are out on Saturday, so we decided to have the rest then as it would be easy for Keith to do if we were late home. No food waste!

No comments: