Friday 6 May 2022

Ahhh! The weekend beckons!

I was very glad (as I always am!) that today was Friday. It seems to have been a busy week! I went into work slightly later this morning and went to feed Hector and Lily at 7.30am. It was a glorious morning and while Keith made friends with Lily I fed them both and cleaned out the litter tray before sweeping up. There was litter all over the floor!

Work was fine and the phone calls weren't bad which meant I could do lots of other work. It was great to escape at 4pm and go home in the sunshine, which then turned into thick cloud. This evening we were determined not to have the fish and chips and Keith had already prepared a chilli con Carne.

He went to the pub while Sophie and I sipped our drinks and watched a new series called The Staircase starring Colin Firth and Toni Collette. It's based on a true story of a woman dying from falling down the stairs at home. Was it an accident or murder? I thought Colin Firth was a rather strange choice as his accent wasn't that good! Why not get an American actor to play the part?

This evening, then, was not like the previous three Fridays with sunshine, fish and chips and Stanley Tucci... never mind! It's the weekend!



No comments: