Monday 9 May 2022

Feeling weary...

I felt very tired when Sophie woke me up this morning. I hate getting up so early and think my optimum time for waking is about 7.30am!

Being tired really drags me down all day and work was quite trying. It didn't help first thing that we had an abusive customer who shouted down the phone at both Jo and me, even though we were doing our best to help.

Back home I have to confess to sitting on the sofa with Keith and doing very little. He was watching a programme called Mountain Men, which seemed to be a variation of the series set in Alaska we used to watch. I fell asleep!

We had decided to barbecue this evening, as I'm sure the forecast was for warm sunshine, but it clouded over and became horrible. Keith went out nonetheless and cooked some chicken and sausages along with corn on the cob. Sophie and I stayed inside and cooked new potatoes and prepared a salad. The meal was delicious, though, and afterwards, we barbecued three bananas and enjoyed them with chocolate ice cream. How strange that I love hot bananas or any other form of banana, except for a raw one!

After we'd eaten we watched the third episode of The Staircase and I decided I didn't want to see it anymore. Why was our lovely Colin Firth chosen to play a horrible man? I don't care for any of the characters and couldn't care less whether she was murdered or it was an accident, so that's it for me!

No comments: