Thursday 19 May 2022

Return of the son!

I really wished I had today off as I still ached from the intensive cleaning yesterday! Work was OK, though, and I did lots of admin jobs to fill the six hours.

I'd arranged to take Mum to Tesco this afternoon as she had some clothes she wanted to return, so I picked her up at 3pm and drove to the supermarket. She bought some more outfits and I picked out a bottle of wine to drink with Sophie this evening - Gordon Ramsay's Rose which was reduced from £10 to £7.50 with their Clubcard. I noticed that Kylie Minogue had her own Rose, as well as Graham Norton! We might try all three of them!

After shopping, we sat and had a coffee in Costa and chatted. My Mum seemed a bit happier today, which was great and a relief for me! She said she loved going out, even for a short while, and I could understand that completely.

Mike had returned home yesterday, and Abbie had bought a new car - a little Peugeot 207. He said he was coming home this evening and could we pick him up from town? I dropped Mum off and returned home to sit and wait for his call, but Keith phoned him and he said he would make his own way home. He sounded very merry! That was a real bonus as I didn't fancy driving into town in the rush hour traffic!

I made a fish pie this evening for dinner and Mike arrived home as I was doing the preparation. He was indeed, quite merry, and had been in the pub catching up with his mates. He wanted to have dinner with us, which was good as there was certainly enough for four! We ate in the conservatory, which was a novelty! We don't do that very often!


No comments: