Tuesday 24 May 2022

Grumbling!

The phones were quiet at work today so I was able to get on with some admin work. We are still receiving cancellations from members but, equally, we are getting calls from people interested in joining. It's like a seesaw!

I stayed behind for half an hour after my shift and chatted to Jo and Louiza about work. We're all a little fed up at the moment and seem to be getting more and more work for no extra money! It's annoying that we do a lot in our office whereas some of the other staff do a fraction of what we do! After we'd vented for half an hour, I returned home in heavy traffic and pootled about. 

In the garden, it's baby starling season and we just can't keep up with feeding the birds that visit. The other day we even had our resident Red Kite swoop down and pick up some chicken we'd put out. It's a huge bird and I only saw it as it flew off. It kept hovering about overhead but didn't come down again, which was a shame! It certainly makes a change from the sparrows, blackbirds, starlings and robins that we normally get!

Sophie and I were going to go to our cinema tonight to see the film, The Worst Person in the World, a Norwegian film with subtitles, but once home I rarely want to venture out again. I'm such a stick-in-the-mud!! It was available on MUBI with a free seven-day trial anyway, but I suggested an impromptu game of Scrabble and Martinis to cheer my daughter up, as she's feeling a bit down at the moment. As a treat, I have booked to go and see Psycho at the Northampton Filmhouse in June, so that's another afternoon out to look forward to.

Keith had prepared chilli so there was nothing to do for dinner, and we sat and listened to music and became a little tipsy! After dinner, we went upstairs and watched 90 Day Fiance. Outside, the sky was very interesting with some ominous clouds. We've had sunshine and showers today - is it May or April?!





No comments: