Wednesday 1 June 2022

Pastures re-visited...

After a morning spent pootling about and catching up with jobs, I picked my Mum up at 2pm and we drove over to Rushden to visit Waitrose for a change. I hadn't been for ages and their cafe had changed, just like the one at Kingsthorpe, and was now called Waite and Rose...

The place was quiet and they had very few staff about, so there was a long queue at the counter. One woman had been abandoned and was waiting for her hot drinks... I think the member of staff serving had forgotten about her! The shortage of staff seems to be affecting so many businesses these days. You only have to read the newspaper or turn on the television to see the chaos in the travel industry at the moment!

We had a tea and a coffee, and I enjoyed a cheese scone before having a good look around the store. Mum picked out a bottle of whisky for Dad and I suggested an orange Gin for her to enjoy in the evening. I looked at buying a bottle of something for myself but didn't fancy anything! I  have realised that Gin can keep me awake at night so I've avoided it, especially the night before I go to work! There were so many beverages on offer, though, and a whole section devoted to Gins, which came in many shapes and colours!

We drove home a different way, through heavy traffic, and it was almost 5pm before I returned her, just in time for her tea. I sped home to wait for Sophie as we planned to play Scrabble before dinner. Both of us are off tomorrow because it's the start of the Jubilee weekend! 

We barbecued tonight, and for once, the weather was dry and sunny!


No comments: