Sunday 8 May 2022

Pottering in the garden...

This morning I tackled the gravel garden and was amazed to see how quickly the weeds have taken over! We haven't really done any work out here since last year and I was delighted to see the Clematis flowering. I thought I had killed it!


This area of the garden is overgrown but it's lovely when we prune the bushes back and pull up the weeds that had spread like a carpet over the gravel.



The love seat at the end of the garden needs replacing but it's fine for now. We don't really sit in the garden at the moment - the constant banging of the ball from next door puts us off a bit, and I remember years ago when our children were smaller, we'd spend a lot of time enjoying a drink on the seat and soaking up the sunshine, as it's a real sun-trap. We did have plans to put a large table and chairs out here and make it an extension of the conservatory, but that will have to wait!

I was also thrilled with the clematis at the back of the garage:



This plant used to live in the gravel garden next to the love seat and has a twin which I placed in the back border. Both plants produce gorgeous flowers in May, and the one in the border has managed to survive despite being overcrowded!

We did sit for a little while on the seat in the garden and then it was time for a shower and a visit to see Mum and Dad at the care home. Mum wanted us to sort out Netflix for them, and between Sophie and I, we managed to get them a subscription so they have more choice of what to watch.

We were there for almost two hours, then left to go home. We called into the Co-op first and I bought a bottle of Rose to go with dinner, and Sophie treated us to an ice cream. We drove home via the scenic route and the countryside was looking beautiful. I do love May!

We played Scrabble early this evening and I beat Sophie. Ha! Monty has developed the habit of immediately jumping onto the barstools every time one of us gets up... he knows what he's doing and is a real monkey! Sophie is a real softie and doesn't have the heart to throw him off!



Dinner tonight was delicious - we had Thai green chicken curry and it was lovely with lemongrass and ginger. I have now grown to like fish sauce, something I thought I would never enjoy!

No comments: