Thursday 5 May 2022

Back to reality

It was back to reality after our lovely day in London, and for me, work passed very pleasantly. I managed to get through a fair amount of work and started on the monthly complaints/compliments report for Sara. Sometimes doing this can be a litany of woe!

At 2pm I sped home and caught up with some jobs before hoovering and cleaning the kitchen. Keith had made some delicious sausage rolls with the leftover pastry from the weekend and they were delicious, as always.

As I was pottering about in the kitchen, a woman appeared at the door and I realised it was our friend, Richard's, mum. She had been looking after their cats for them while they were away, but had developed gout and asked if I could do the remainder of the week? It was fine with me, as Michelle and Richard had taken care of Monty several times while we were away, and we agreed I would feed them tomorrow and Saturday morning.

Tonight was the final of this year's Masterchef and Sophie and I wanted Pookie to win. However, it was clear after the three contestants had cooked their meals that Eddie was going to go away with the trophy. It was a very emotional final!

No comments: