Sunday 22 May 2022

Sunny Sunday.

The weather has been beautiful today, sunny and dry with a lovely breeze. We pootled about this morning and did some chores - Sophie prepared the Vietnamese pork curry for tonight (Hair Bikers' recipe) and then cut my hair! She did an excellent job of trimming the ends and my fringe!

I swept the driveway and cleaned the cloakroom windowsill which was covered in cobwebs and bits of old leaves. We also took my Dad's car through the carwash at Morrisons... we initially went to the Moulton garage but the carwash area had been demolished! When did that happen?

I had planned on seeing Mum this afternoon, but she said she was busy sorting out her clothes so we postponed until another day. This meant I didn't have to go anywhere... yippee!

In the afternoon I had a look at villas in Mallorca for our September break. I've booked two weeks off at work, coinciding with Keith's birthday on the 24th, and I'm longing to go away somewhere for a couple of weeks and relax by the pool. I looked at Villa Plus who seemed reasonable, but what shocked me were the car hire prices - over a thousand euros for two weeks! And this for just a standard car like a Ford Focus! I was horrified! EasyJet flights were annoying as well, with high charges for taking a hold suitcase! 

Because of this I looked at Airbnb houses on the Costa Brava in Spain, near the border with France, and spotted a lovely one with a pool. We can then drive down and avoid flights and car hire! I spoke to Keith who was uncharacteristically gloomy about the prospect. Our electricity bills will be going up and will be £600 more a year than they are now... oh joy! I'm not giving up though!

The afternoon was a lot lazier than this morning, and at about 5.30pm Sophie and I played Scrabble. After the game, my lovely daughter finished the dinner - the pork had been cooking slowly in the oven for a couple of hours with a delicious curry paste and it smelt heavenly. It tasted heavenly, too!


No comments: