Friday 27 May 2022

A new perspective!

Today has been gorgeous, weather-wise and it would be, wouldn't it, when I was at work for eight hours! As always, I was glad it was Friday and I was hoping it wouldn't be too busy. Unfortunately, within ten minutes of the lines opening, the calls were very busy, with nine in the queue at one point!

It did calm down a little bit, thank goodness, but it wasn't as quiet as last week! In the afternoon I had to change desks as they were supposed to have been setting up my computer to have full internet access (I get it at the moment and need it, but we have to log onto different software to access it, which can be a nuisance sometimes).

It was strange sitting at a different desk as I'm so used to my own, but it was only for a couple of hours. At 4pm I sped off home, knowing that Sophie was just behind me as she'd finished at 4pm too. She was off out with Laura tonight to their pub in Yardley Hastings, and Keith and I were looking forward to fish and chips... again!

Keith didn't go to the pub so we sat and chatted in the kitchen and I tracked the fish and chip van. As soon as it was on our estate we went to get our meal, and very delicious it was too!

Keith and I relaxed after dinner and watched an excellent programme about the Pacific Surfliner train in California that runs from San Diego to San Luis Obispo. What a treat to see the glorious Pacific Ocean and the blue skies.

Sophie returned home at about 11pm and had enjoyed a great time with Laura. I was so pleased she'd decided to go on Friday... lie-in tomorrow!

No comments: