Friday 28 May 2021

The end of the week... ahh!

This morning, Sophie was off to Birmingham to spend the weekend with Zain, so Keith took her to the station where she caught a train. Zain was driving up as there were no services between Birmingham and Euston, as is so often the case on a Bank Holiday weekend.

I was working with Kathy and we were hoping for a quiet shift, but we were busy again, with endless calls about swimming. I was hoping to be able to put the films on but Sheila wanted me to monitor the emails, so that was that!

I sped home at 4pm to find Keith had taken Mike into town to see Abbie, so this means we are child-free this weekend! It will be a very quiet house! Keith returned, had a shower, and I gave him a lift to the pub so it was just like the old days! I haven't done that for a good while!

Dinner this evening was baked potatoes so not a lot of cooking to do! Unfortunately, Keith had turned the oven onto low so by the time we came to eat they weren't really cooked through! I like my potatoes firm, but even I didn't enjoy this evening's meal, so it was a bit of a disaster! As we're now moving into salad potato season, I think we may give this particular option a rest until the Autumn!

No comments: