Saturday 8 May 2021

Drowned rats!

The forecast wet and windy weather arrived today, and although the temperatures have risen a bit, it's been a miserable and gloomy day.

Sophie and I had an appointment for a hair cut at 11am so we sloshed over to Moulton and parked in the Co-op car park. We were a bit early, and I was dreading them saying to us to come back. Standing outside in the rain was not an option! Luckily, we only had to wait a few minutes, and Sophie was soon in the chair and having her hair washed.

The son of the salon owner cuts our hair and he doesn't stop talking. I am sure I've said this before. It made it worse today as we were all wearing masks, which muffle our voices, and with the hairdryers on, I couldn't hear a thing! It was a relief to escape and go home!

After Sophie had put some make-up on, we drove down to Next at Riverside so I could collect the new quilt cover that I'd ordered. We then decided to have a Subway sandwich as we were both hungry. Unfortunately, there was a long queue and we had to stand outside in the rain and wind for about twenty minutes. Not ideal! We both chose the chicken and bacon filling, but Sophie had hers in a wrap, which looked delicious. We ate them in the car (for the second week in a row) and it dawned on me that we ate our fish and chips in the car (Dad's car) on New Year's Day... there goes my theory again!😆 

From Riverside, we drove to Smith's Farm Shop so Sophie could buy some foodie treats for Zain. I also bought some delicious foodstuffs and treated Keith to a sausage roll for his lunch, and a bottle of beer.

Back home I fell asleep for almost an hour, but at 5pm it was cocktail and Scrabble time. Sophie had a bottle of white Rum, and she made us Havana Beach cocktails. We substituted pineapple juice with exotic juice, and they were delicious!


Keith was cooking tonight, a lovely beef casserole, and I made some herby dumplings to go with it. After the cocktails, we enjoyed a beautiful bottle of red wine from Monterey - a Pebble Lane Merlot which I'd bought from Majestic.



Dinner was delicious and our film choice tonight was Unknown, starring Liam Neeson. We'd seen it before, of course, but it was still very enjoyable nonetheless!

No comments: