Tuesday 25 May 2021

California dreaming!

Sophie had an appointment at the beauty salon this evening, so she wanted me to take her to work, and then collect her in the evening so she could go straight into town.

We set off at about 8.15am and made good time down to Brackmills. I said goodbye and headed to the Weston Favell Centre where I visited Costa for a coffee and breakfast. As I was queuing up, a man walked past shouting loudly. I don't know whether he'd spotted someone he knew or what, but it was a bit unsettling, especially as he later came to sit opposite me! At first, I thought he had Tourettes, but he never made another sound, thank goodness! However, I ate my breakfast and drank my coffee quickly and fled to work!

Work was especially noisy today, and at times I felt like running out of the office to somewhere quiet! When all of us were on the phones, it was horrendous! Therefore, it was lovely to escape at 4pm and go to another Costa where I enjoyed a flat white while waiting for Sophie. I sat in the car in silence... bliss!

Sophie and I were early for her appointment, and it was a huge bonus that I found a space in the tiny car park! We had another session of sitting in the car and chatting about our days at work. She is extremely busy every day now so is normally tired when she gets home. Her early gym workout doesn't help, either!

Sophie wasn't long in the salon and by 6.30pm we were heading home. While Keith cooked dinner again we sat in the conservatory with Monty and talked about going to California again, late in 2022. It's a dream at the moment, but I very much hope it'll turn into a reality!

No comments: