Friday 7 May 2021

A busy end to a busy week...

I was hoping that we'd end the week on a quiet note at work, but it wasn't to be. Kathy and I took about 185 calls between us, and we had 40 abandoned, so it was a very busy shift. As expected, a lot of the calls were about swimming in one form or another, and neither of us can see it ending any time soon. I was supposed to have been doing some work for Sheila, but there was no chance of me even looking at it!

Keith had to drop me off at work this morning, and we made up after our argument yesterday! I am still determined to have a postal vote next time, though! He collected me at 4pm, and it was a relief to get home after a busy week. Monty is still not much better, although he did eat some salmon this morning which I found in the cupboard, so that was a good sign.

Sophie arrived home and sat with Keith and me while we played cards in the conservatory. We played a couple of games before cooking dinner - the pork with noodles that we should have had yesterday! Keith has already battered the pork to tenderise it and had cut it up into strips, so we just cooked the noodles, stir-fried the pork with spring onions, pepper, ginger, garlic and bean sprouts, and added soy sauce. It was delicious!

Our film choice this evening was Sweet Home Alabama, starring Reese Witherspoon. I had seen bits of it before, but never the whole film. It was very enjoyable and perfect for our Friday night wine night!

No comments: