Friday 21 May 2021

Out and about!

The end of the week has whizzed around again! I can't believe how quickly time goes! It's frightening!

When I arrived at work this morning, there was not a space to be had in the usual car park, mainly due to the fact that it was the first 50+ morning we've held since last year! I think people have been missing the session! I managed to squeeze into a space in our rear car park but this could be a problem in the future...! 

Work was busy in the morning, and then it quietened down in the afternoon, so that was a bonus. It gave me a chance to deal with some orders, and I was thrilled when Sheila told me the films are starting again in June so I had a list to put on. One of them is Nomadland, which won Oscars, so I'm hoping we can go and see that... for free!

I dashed home through the rain at 4pm and put the hoover around. The weather today has been atrocious with unrelenting rain and wind, so our kitchen floor and hallway were covered in bits of leaves!

Now that the pubs and bars are back open, Mike was off to Birmingham with friends, and Sophie was also out tonight, having a meal at Sorrentino's in town, followed by cocktails. I had offered to take her, and I dropped her off at Sol Central opposite the restaurant before returning home.

It was also Keith's first night back at the pub for ages, and he'd had a great time catching up with Dave and John. They were unable to stand at the bar and had to sit down and order, but I think it was good for him to get back with his mates!

We ate a Tesco Finest meal for dinner, and we were both a bit disappointed. We chose the meal because of convenience, but I don't think we'll be doing it again in a hurry!

After dinner, we sat and watched the golf, which was coming from a stunning course in South Carolina. Seeing the blue skies, the beach and the ocean was wonderful - what a difference to the gloom outside where it was still raining!

Keith and I went and picked up Sophie at 11pm, and sat outside the bar waiting for her. A lot of places were back open, but could only offer table service so there was no dancing or close mingling! Once we arrived back home I sat with a wee dram and enjoyed more golf. A lovely end to a very busy day!

No comments: