Tuesday 18 May 2021

Donating a pint.

Work wasn't quite so busy today, and we had some decent gaps between calls which allowed us to get on with some work! I put almost all of the half-term holiday activities onto the system, which was a bonus!

Sophie and I went to donate a pint of blood this evening and Keith gave me a lift to the community centre in Moulton as Sophie had come straight from work. It was busy, as usual, but the whole process was smooth and straightforward as it always is. One of the staff was retiring this evening so we said goodbye to her as we left. She was always very friendly and chatty so I'll miss seeing her the next time we go. She said she remembered Sophie's first session, eight years ago!

Back home Pete was still about, and I'd had no reply to my email. He can stay with us, then, and we'll have a pet pigeon!

Keith cooked a delicious coq au vin and after dinner, Sophie and I watched a couple of episodes of Come Dine With Me, followed by the Eurovision Semi-finals! Sophie is getting excited - one of her favourite nights of the year is on Saturday - the Eurovision Song Contest!

No comments: