Sunday 30 May 2021

Breakfast with the birds.

I was astonished and dismayed to wake up at 9.30am this morning! I'd had a bit of a disturbed night, but I hate waking up so late, especially as I had lots of things to do today!

I did manage to enjoy my breakfast sitting in the garden with Monty, though, and the birds, who didn't seem to mind my presence as they had their breakfast.



After I'd eaten I re-potted our Camellia into a large pot and gave it a good water. Keith and I then went over to Tesco in Kettering as I needed some more bird food, some grass seed, and we needed something for dinner this evening. We had planned on having a barbecue, but as there were only three of us, we decided to postpone it to the Bank Holiday Monday, when Mike was home.

We chose an easy supper of quiche, salad and new potatoes, and beat a hasty retreat as Tesco was rammed with people buying barbecue ingredients and garden essentials! It was so busy!

Back home I had an hour to put the hoover around, and tidy up, before going to collect Sophie from the station. The plan was then to collect my Mum from the care home and bring her back for a cup of tea and a slice of Red Velvet cake.

Unfortunately, my daughter fell out with me when I asked her to wear a mask in the car. She'd been in Birmingham since Friday and had been mixing with lots of people so I wanted her to be careful until she did a test at home. She was not amused by my request and we had a bad falling out! Not really what I'd had in mind for her return!

We collected Mum (I'd already done a test at home) and drove home where I made a big pot of tea. It was heavenly sitting in the conservatory with our cake and enjoying the sunshine. Sophie did her test, which was negative, and she gradually thawed out towards me over the afternoon!

After taking Mum back and getting home we decided to try the Chouffe beers that Sophie's ex-manager had bought her for her birthday. We started off with the Cherry beer, then the Sunshine one, followed by the Blonde and the IPA. All four were lovely, but I particularly enjoyed the Cherry beer!







No comments: