Sunday 16 May 2021

A spot of shopping!

This morning was almost an exact repeat of yesterday morning, except for the trip to McDonald's! Mike called later this morning, just as I'd made myself a coffee, and Keith and I went to get him from work. He had swapped with a colleague this weekend so we're hoping that will be it for Saturday and Sunday working for a good while!

Back home we ate breakfast in the conservatory and saw that Pete was still with us. He is showing no signs of leaving at all! He does disappear for a while, and we think he's gone, but then he reappears!

Sophie and I had a lot of things to do today, and I wasn't really in the mood for it, to be honest! I wanted to go somewhere different or do something different! Life feels very samey at the moment, and the thought of going away on holiday, or even just a short break somewhere is very appealing.

Anyway, I forced myself to get showered and ready, and we drove down to Riverside and popped into Boots. From there we picked up a coffee from Costa and called into Next to collect my replacement quilt cover.

Our next stop was Homesense, and this time we were able to drive into the car park! The store was busy but not manic, and we spent an enjoyable hour browsing and buying some things for our home. I picked out a lovely picture for the landing and a vase that will go with the quilt cover for my bedroom windowsill. Sophie bought six wine glasses and some biscuits for work, as well as a yoga mat for when she does exercises at home, which she was thrilled with!

Before going home we dropped off some unwanted clothes into a collection point by the fire station in Moulton and popped into the Co-op to buy more vermouth, and a bottle of whisky for my Dad, bless him! He does love a whisky in the evening, and who can blame him?!

Back home we discovered that we'd sold a pair of Sophie's Levi's on eBay, so that was a cause for celebration! We have booked lunch at Pizza Express in Market Harborough next Saturday, and our little haul should cover the bill!



No comments: