Wednesday 19 May 2021

Lots of jobs!

Today I made a list of things I had to do, as there were so many! When we ran the business I always had a "To Do" list on the go as it helped me concentrate on things I needed to get done!

Keith wanted his hair cut this morning, so we went over to Kettering, and while he was in the barber's chair I popped into Tesco to buy some more bird food (Pete is still with us), and some different cat food for our fussy Monty. The range of cat food was mind-boggling, as was the range of prices! I picked out two different boxes, and one was described as having a "melting middle"!

When I was finished I treated myself to a coffee from Costa and sat in the cafe for the first time in months. I had to log onto their track and trace website though, and register myself as being there!

Once back at home, I made scrambled eggs from the box that Lynn gave me, and they had a beautiful vivid yellow yolk. Served on some sourdough bread I bought in Tesco, the late breakfast was delicious. Outside, it was a stunning day with a Florida sky - lots of big, white, fluffy clouds floating on high. Beautiful!

Pete seemed to relish our company today as we pottered about outside. I washed the garage door, sorted out the recycling and did lots more chores that had to be done. It was very satisfying ticking them off my list!

After we'd picked Mike up from work, he said he also wanted his hair cut so Keith took him while I made the chicken noodle soup for dinner. That meant that Sophie and I could play Scrabble as all I needed to do later in the evening was reheat it and add noodles. Fab!

After we'd eaten Sophie wanted to watch a film on Netflix called The Woman in the Window starring Amy Adams and Gary Oldman. It was a very gloomy, slightly far-fetched film, and was a kind of homage to Rear Window, but it was nowhere in that league!


No comments: