Sunday 9 May 2021

Bedding disappointment...

I woke up far later than I wanted to this morning, at almost 9am, so I felt like I'd wasted time! I do prefer to get up at about 7.30am and ease gradually into the day!

After a breakfast of banana porridge, Sophie put a lot of her clothes to sell on eBay, something we haven't done for ages. While she did that I changed our bedding, in readiness for the new quilt cover I'd bought from Next. I asked Keith to iron it for me, but when we came to put it on I noticed a snag in the material, and the fabric had all rucked up, which was very annoying. There was no way it could be put right so we had no option but to take it off. I was really disappointed!

Sophie offered to take it back to Next for me tomorrow, on her way home from work, and we'll order another one, although I am a bit worried about the fabric itself. We spend a lot of time lounging about on our bed watching television and the last thing I want is something that's too fragile!

I carried on with the housework until lunchtime and managed to clean upstairs and hoover downstairs. It was lovely to relax for a while in the conservatory and enjoy the hummus and breadsticks I'd bought yesterday. Later in the afternoon, we did have some time for relaxation, though, when we enjoyed a face mask and watched A Place in the Sun. It was a lot later than normal, however!

Keith barbecued this evening and just as he was finishing the food, it started to rain! Typical! It had been dry all day!


No comments: