Wednesday 5 May 2021

A change around!

Keith and I had arranged for a van to come and collect my Mum's two-seater sofa this morning, and I'd been receiving regular updates as to when he was going to arrive. Keith had already taken off the feet, and we managed to get it outside and onto the drive all ready to go. While we waited I gave the conservatory a good clean, something I'd been meaning to do for ages!

The man with a van arrived at about 11.30am and at first it looked like the van was already full! However, he was very professional, and within minutes it was in the van! We suggested to the man that he follow us as the care home sometimes doesn't appear on satnavs. We had also put Mum and Dad's picture of Big Sur into the car, as well as a bronze ornament I'd bought for their 40th wedding anniversary.

Once at the care home, it all went very smoothly again and we were met by the handyman who was going to install the sofa and put the picture up on the wall. It was a big relief for us and I hope that my parents will enjoy having their own furniture in their rooms.

Back home I did some more cleaning in the conservatory and re-arranged the sofa and table. It does give us some more room and access to the double doors leading out into the garden.



Keith and I popped down to Riverside just before lunchtime as I needed some bird food. With all the young babies about at the moment, they're going through food like mad! After we'd shopped in Wilko's I went into Next to look at quilt covers. I spotted a beautiful tropical design with silver, grey and greens, which would go well with the curtains in our bedroom. They didn't have our size in stock so I took a photo on my phone and decided to order it online.



We were a bit hungry so I treated both of us to a Subway before we went to collect Mike from work at 2.30pm. Back home I worked until about 4pm and felt satisfied that we had actually achieved something today. My Mum was so pleased when she called me later in the day, so that felt good.

After dinner this evening Sophie and I went upstairs to watch television as Keith was keen to watch the football. As Chelsea won, they will now face Manchester City in Istanbul for the Champions League final. No supporters are allowed to go, so why can't the final be held in the UK? Madness!



No comments: