Friday 9 October 2020

What a relief! It's Friday!

This week seems to have gone over in the blink of an eye. I remember getting up on Monday morning and facing the week, but it's flown by!

I had a somewhat trying shift at work, with some bad-tempered calls. We are still getting people moaning about the same old problems, which I thought would have stopped by now! I was very glad to get out at 2pm and drive home! Keith had already picked up Mike from work which was a real bonus. No matter how hard I try I just cannot get out of work on time.

At home, Mike was showering in readiness for his trip down to London by train. We dropped him off at the station at about 3.30pm and by 5pm he was texting me to say he'd arrived at Abbie's flat, which I thought was very good going indeed. Keith was going to walk to the pub this evening but a huge black cloud moved over the sky and it started to rain, so we thought it best to give him a lift!

Sophie and I tried a new wine tonight - The Ned Sauvignon Blanc. It was a crisp, floral white without the overpowering cats' pee aroma you sometimes find with this grape variety. However, we both agreed that we still preferred the Pinot Gris. We munched on the delicious crisps I bought in Waitrose on Wednesday and baked some potatoes in the oven for dinner. An easy night!

Sophie and I had decided to watch Vertigo again this evening. I had downloaded three films to watch but in the end, we didn't really fancy any of them! Now that we're watching The Movies, we're learning about some of the classics, so I picked The Last Picture Show starring an extremely youthful Jeff Bridges, Easy Rider and Erin Brockovich. The Last Picture Show was filmed in black and white and after about ten minutes, we decided it wasn't for us, Sophie had already seen Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich, and neither of us really fancied Easy Rider so we enjoyed James Stewart and Kim Novak in Vertigo again. 

Dinner was delicious - we had brushed the potatoes with a little butter and the skins were all crispy. Yum!




No comments: